USb Camera (webcam0 for MAc OSx Tiger???

jmh

Reaction score
This is absurd. Apple does not make or sell usb cameras. The iSight was discontinued last year, and all my local Apple retailers not only don't carry usb cams, they don't know where i can get one.

Can someone please tell me their recomendation for a decent usb camera to work with osx tiger. We run a recording studio and want to set up a usb camera in one room that we can see the players face in the other room. We will NOt be using this camera for video conferencing/ichat, andy of that stuff.

This should be the easiest thing in the world, why can't i walk into a best buy and pick up a webcam for mac tiger?

thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st mac: iMac G4 1 GB RAM 80 GB HD. 2nd mac: iMac G3 (OS X Tiger) 20 GB HD 128 MB RAM
first of all, if you want to use iChat, it won't recognize a USB webcam, you have to use firewire. and if you can't find a firewire webcam, you can always just use a Mini DV video camera. iChat will recognize it as a webcam.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
first of all, if you want to use iChat, it won't recognize a USB webcam, you have to use firewire. and if you can't find a firewire webcam, you can always just use a Mini DV video camera. iChat will recognize it as a webcam.

note that he said he will NOT be using it for ichat...

all i can suggest is checking ebay for an isight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Yeah I have no idea why they cancelled the iSights. They still use them at WWDC and Macworld, so they can hardly say they have no use anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.