higher resolution?

F

flmflm

Hi everyone.
I have a little question about the scrren resolution used on my PB 400Mhz. Using MacOS 9.2 I was able to configure the LCD screen up to 1280x960 or so, but now, under MACOSX (panther) the highest resolution I can set is 1152x768. Is there any way to get a higher one under Panther? I've tried using small apps like cscreen or DisplayConfigX (both downloaded from Versiontracker) but no success at all...
any ideas?
thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
flmflm said:
Hi everyone.
I have a little question about the scrren resolution used on my PB 400Mhz. Using MacOS 9.2 I was able to configure the LCD screen up to 1280x960 or so, but now, under MACOSX (panther) the highest resolution I can set is 1152x768. Is there any way to get a higher one under Panther? I've tried using small apps like cscreen or DisplayConfigX (both downloaded from Versiontracker) but no success at all...
any ideas?
thank you

1280x960 is the correct resolution for your system. As to why Panther won't let you go that high, I'm not sure. You might look for updated video drivers for your system, or try installing 10.3.4 which just came out today, and has video updates in it. Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.