No sound in bootcamp?

Reaction score
Alright so i got bootcamp installed and windows on it and it runs perfect, but there is no sound when i do anything.

I played counter strike and there was no sound and i thought it was just the game so i went to the internet see if anyhting played and it didnt. The sound is all the way up on windows too.

Any suggestions, and sorry for so many posts lately just ive been trying to get everything to work properly and you guys are a great help in it.

Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Alright so i got bootcamp installed and windows on it and it runs perfect, but there is no sound when i do anything.

I played counter strike and there was no sound and i thought it was just the game so i went to the internet see if anyhting played and it didnt. The sound is all the way up on windows too.

Any suggestions, and sorry for so many posts lately just ive been trying to get everything to work properly and you guys are a great help in it.

Thanks.

First, make sure you installed the drivers from the CD that you burnt when installing Boot Camp. If that's already done, check the Sound control panel applet to ensure that the volume is turned up.

Reaction score
Yes, This was posted from boot camp.
The drivers are very important to intall.
What mac do you have.

OP
S
Reaction score
I got an iMac G5. i didnt install the drivers because last time i did, my mouse and keyboard did not work.

Should they work right away or do i need to edit something when i install the drivers?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got an iMac G5. i didnt install the drivers because last time i did, my mouse and keyboard did not work.

Should they work right away or do i need to edit something when i install the drivers?

They will work right away. The important thing to remember is that you will get scary sounding messages that the drivers are "unsigned". That's OK, you just need to tell Windows to continue to install them anyway. So read those messages carefully before you go a-clickin' ;)

Also, if you're not using the latest version of Boot Camp (1.3), make sure you get that and burn a new drivers CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Wait a minute, isn't the G5 a PowerPC chip computer? How does that work??

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wait a minute, isn't the G5 a PowerPC chip computer? How does that work??

To be honest, I was wondering the same thing. My guess is that he's referring to G5 thinking that it refers to the generation of the Mac. Because if it truly were a G5, Boot Camp would not be an option.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah i thought it was the generation of the mac, its whatever the new iMac is.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah i thought it was the generation of the mac, its whatever the new iMac is.

Just for future reference, G3, G4 and G5 typically refer to the type of PowerPC processor older Macs used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.