Printing a Single Image on Multiple Pages?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
I need to print large images (A2 and A3) but only have an A4 printer, does anyone know if you can set it up in Photoshop or Illustator (CS3) to print the images but onto multiple A4 page, which I can then assemble together myself. Any help wuld be great as I need to get my work done as soon as possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
You're going to have to use illustrator, Photoshop doesn't tile images for print.

In Illustrator do File > Print, then a dialog box should come up and at the top left should be a bunch of different options: General, Setup, Marks and Bleed, etc.

Click Setup and under Tiling select, "Tile Full Pages" you then want to give an overlap amount so when you tile the pages after they are printed, it doesnt crop any of the image off.

I usually like to overlap .75 to 1in, you have to trim the prints a little bit, but you get all of your image.

When you're ready, hit print and wait for your prints.

OP
randomfactor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
Thanks PunkRockTuba

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.