Has Anyone ever had this problem Battery ISSUE

Reaction score
I had just got me new battery replacement from apple worked fine for about 20 days and all sudden just quit its fully charged but still wont power on the macbook. My macbook works when plugged in directly of course but not by by battery power.

SEE THE VIDEO OF THE MACBOOK PRO BATTERY
http://www.vimeo.com/222251

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
yep that happend to me. battery go bye bye

OP
D
Reaction score
Yea I just talked to apple support they said the battery is bad a new is one the way thanks for info though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Bad Battery

I had the same thing. I got the Apple battery replacement (even though my current one seemed fine) and the new one did the same thing. I phoned Apple up and after them trying to get me to pay for a new one, I made them realise this was a new battery they had made me take and it broke.

I think it was down to some safety mechanism over reacting and shutting the battery power off. Anyway, the new one works fine and has done for over 6 months.

Glad you have it sorted. It is annoying, but at least they still lwork off the mains (but even that is scary incase you knock the power lead out by accident)

Mel.

OP
D
Reaction score
Yea I also had to clear that up with them that I would not be charged for the second replacement. I hope mine works fine also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
replace that sucker, and if it happens again I would demand an entirely new macbook... that is ridiculous

-but still.. i love Macintosh,, yea I said it .. Macintosh because that is what it is...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
replace that sucker, and if it happens again I would demand an entirely new macbook... that is ridiculous

-but still.. i love Macintosh,, yea I said it .. Macintosh because that is what it is...

replace an entire notebook because of battery issues? he'll never get that, thats terrible advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
that is not terrible advice to demand a new product, if they say no then what have you lost ???? A more appropriate comment would have been, that is unlikey or ridiculous to ask for... but bad advice asking ....

-thanks

Reaction score
My Aunt's macbook battery will not charge

batterypp1.jpg

^ thats the image it gives on her macbook...

everytime the power cord becomes disconnected the laptop will shut off and i will have to start all over again...

also on my own macbook pro (Which is unrelated to my harddrive crisis thread)

thers an issue with the battery as well...even though it says its charged to 98 or 99 or 100% the battery doesnt last for more than id say 20 minutes on its own and it immediately willl shut off as well if u dont plug the power bak in quick enough

whats going on ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook
are the batteries still under warranty? if yes, get them replace. maybe the batteries are faulty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What model and year of macbook is it, some older macbook batteries can be rejuvinated with cheap off the shelf rechargeeable cells

Reaction score
Am i eligible for a battery replacement?

it keeps going back and forth from 100% to 99% and the power adapter turns green and then orange every other second

also if i leave it unplugged the battery only lasts about 10 minutes

i heard something about macbooks made during a certain production period having faulty batteries eligible for some kind of replacement?

i definitely got a bad battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Give apple a call, you might still have to have Applecare or your original 1 year warranty to qualify.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
"Only MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks purchased between Feb 2006 and April 200y7 are eligible for battery replacement and the computer will have to have one or more of the following problems:

* Battery is not recognized causing an “X” to appear in the battery icon in the Finder menu bar.
* Battery will not charge when computer is plugged into AC power.
* Battery exhibits low charge capacity/runtime when using a fully charged battery with a battery cycle count (as shown in System Profiler) of less than 300.
* Battery pack is visibly deformed."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz/4GB Ram/320GB HD
You may need to calibrate your battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black, 2G Intel Duo, 100G HD, 2G Ram, OS-X 10.5.8
"Only MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks purchased between Feb 2006 and April 200y7 are eligible for battery replacement and the computer will have to have one or more of the following problems:

* Battery is not recognized causing an “X” to appear in the battery icon in the Finder menu bar.
* Battery will not charge when computer is plugged into AC power.
* Battery exhibits low charge capacity/runtime when using a fully charged battery with a battery cycle count (as shown in System Profiler) of less than 300.
* Battery pack is visibly deformed."

My battery won't charge. How do I initiate the process of getting a replacement?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Have a look at the article here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black, 2G Intel Duo, 100G HD, 2G Ram, OS-X 10.5.8
Thanks. Installed the battery update and it appears to be working properly now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.