Burning Cds Dvds Mp3s!!

Reaction score
I dont have a mac yet but im planning on getting one. i know to burn dvds on a mac u use iDvd, and for regular music you can use iTunes or just dragging in into a blank cd that appears on the screen when u insert one, but how would i be able to burn an MP3 cd, since my car cd players supports it and its way essaier and less of a hassle, any software u have to download or can you do it straight up with a mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
You make a data CD with Finder, which consists of dragging the appropriate files from the disk to the blank CD that shows up on your desktop after you insert it into the drive. Then right click the CD icon and select "Burn Disc".

Wait about ten to fifteen minutes, then eject the CD. Label it with a sharpie, take it out to your car and play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The easiest method is to simply buy Toast.

OP
elbolao23
Reaction score
yeah but i think i;ll stick with the free way of doing it better, thanx, i'll have to try it when i get my macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
yeah but i think i;ll stick with the free way of doing it better, thanx, i'll have to try it when i get my macbook

I would disagree that the free way is "better", but ok.

Reaction score
you can also burn MP3 CDs in iTunes, just by changing the type of disk in the preferences (you can change it from audio to MP3 to data)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Or you can use an app called burn. Its freeware and can burn mp3 CD's.

OP
elbolao23
Reaction score
maybe for what im gon use it, "listenin the car" i dont need to spend money to get something i could get for free. dont you think,.but thanks for ur advice anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I have the same capability, but when I buy music from itunes it is of course protected aac. What if I want to put these into an mp3 cd to play on my car stereo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The usual answer to that question is to burn the protected AAC to an audio CD and re-rip to mp3. People will then argue that that degrades the quality, though I haven't noticed that it really does. At least not in the noisy environment of a car.

My answer, however, is to use Audio Hijack Pro or one of those other recording programs like Wiretap and record straight off of iTunes and save it off to whatever format you wish.

I'll probably receive an infraction for that answer, but the fact is if you can hear it, you can record it DRM notwithstanding. Yes, it's a bit of work, but hey, whatever floats the proverbial boat. :Mischievous:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I appreciate you giving me a useful answer. I don't mind burning and re-ripping.

EDIT: I don't think you are telling me to do anything illegal anyway. I bought the music. I am just trying to listen to it for my own enjoyment. I'm not trying to share it.

Brian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EDIT: I don't think you are telling me to do anything illegal anyway. I bought the music. I am just trying to listen to it for my own enjoyment. I'm not trying to share it.

Brian

No, not at all. This sort of thing falls under the 'fair use' rulings and being able to take what you bought and enjoy it on the musical noise making machine of your choice. Ditching DRM is the first thing I do after making iTunes purchases.

Though someone may claim something something...DMCA or some other horse-puckey like that. Here is an interesting read on how "successful" the recording industry has been recently in trying to dictate how we enjoy our music.

OP
elbolao23
Reaction score
i download music FREE and what lol, the industry has a lot of money, is not like i sell it .

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.