Safari 2 and 3 Crash-a-thon Solved

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Hi all, like many folks, since updating to 10.4.10, I have had nothing but trouble with Safari, having it crash all over the place all the time. It got so bad I finally gave up on it and moved to Firefox. This AM, I downloaded and installed the new Safari 3 Beta, and darned if it wouldn't launch at all! Crashed every time on launch.

An "ah hah!" moment. Remembering that I had installed the SafariPlus! extension that allows for more intelligent cookie management (and a few other goodies) than out-of-the-box Safari provides, I looked up how to uninstall it and did so. I relaunched Safari 3. Instant gratification - ran like a champ.

So, I went to the SafariPlus web site (http://web.mac.com/jrc/SafariPlus) and checked it out. Sure enough, there is an incompatibility with 10.4.10 and they have released a new version to cover this. In addition, there is a new version to cover Safari 3, but it lists itself as pre release at this point.

SO, if you are have installed SafariPlus and are using 10.4.10 and/or Safari 3 Beta, update or delete SafariPlus and you will have a much more stable web experience!

Enjoy Safari - I am SO glad to have it back again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I had problems with SafariPlus too, but not the crashing kind. I just couldn't view anything with flash, even though it was supposed to be disabling flash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.