TV Tuner....On the move

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Duo Core 2 2.16ghz, 2gig Ram, 120 gig HD
Hey!,

I was thinking it would be great to watch TV via a USB tuner and MacBook, on the train to university... Does anyone have any idea if this would work? Technically it could work just wondering if the signal would be average... Anyone have any experence with USB tuner cards on the move?

Cheers!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Think it would be better to plan on watching DVD's while on the move.

You will need an external antenna with the tuners. And you will experience continued messing around with the antenna and frustration trying to maintain the signal while in motion. Not to mention, you'll end up out of range of a tower, right in the middle of the show you want to watch and not be able to pick it up or even know what channel it is on in the next area you're traveling into.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Duo Core 2 2.16ghz, 2gig Ram, 120 gig HD
Thanx for the reply Bobtomay, yeah I guess ill stick to DVD's and downloaded episodes!

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.