• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

High Def Movie Picks

Reaction score
Hello, everyone! Just got the Sharp 1080p High Def TV with a Sony 1080p Blu-Ray player! The sales person recommended Kingdom Of Heaven. I'm looking for a list of movies with great visual effects. List your favorites, please! Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
House of Flying Daggers

A lot of vibrant colors and scenes that show off the sharpness of your TV. I'm a sucker for a good martial arts flick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Pan's Labyrinth.
Curse of the Golden Flower.

Or the BBC Special Planet Earth.

Reaction score
+1 for Planet Earth. That series is especially awesome on HD. I don't know of any other movies, but order HD for your cable. You'll not want to watch standard anymore haha.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.