Uninstalled Bootcamp, but HD size is smaller?

Reaction score
I successfully uninstalled the windows partition of bootcamp and got rid of bootcamp itself, but now my HD is showing as 200GB instead of the 250 it was before i installed this.

How can i get my space back? And im sorry if this has been asked before i couldnt find it.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 Ghz Core Duo 2GB RAM
What Windows did you install?

I installed Vista about 3x now and every single time its the same problem. The partition isn't completely erased and so there is still a small bit of Windows on the Mac.

I would recommend you just reformat the HDD. Only way to completely erase the Windows partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
How did you get rid of the Windows partition? Boot Camp is supposed to format the Windows partition and restore all of the space. If you did it any other way, that may be your problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0 Ghz Core Duo 2GB RAM
I have the same problem, How do you reformat the hard drive?

You take the first disk (installation cd/dvd) that came with your Mac and you put in the cd/dvd drive. Then restart the computer and hold 'c' for a while. This will tell the computer to read off the CD/DVD instead of the HDD. Then, at the first window click 'continue'. On the second page, goto the top of the screen and you should see 'utlities'. Click on that and open 'disk utility'. Once that window is open, on the left hand side select the HDD you wish the erase/format. Once selected, on the right, click on erase. You should select the journaled exteneded version. Click erase at the bottom and the computer will refromat the HDD.
*Note: Remember to back-up any important files as when you format the disk everything is erased.:Cool:

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15.4 core2duo 2.16 2gb
This happened to me, what i did, was just delete the partition and recreate it format it as NTFS in the windows setup partition manager tool then booted back to osx and repartitioned everything using bootcamp. tell me if that helps :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.