Automator Qualm!

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just downloaded Automator, and it is pretty simple to set up easy things like renaming files and e-mails and the such, but I have one specific task that I want automator to perform and I cannot figure it out for the life of me. It seems as though automator should be able to handle this but I am not too sure how to go about it.

Basically, what I am looking for is my computer to be my little butler that gets me up in the morning, this is how I want it to happen:

1. Automator wakes up my macbook from sleep mode at a specific time (8:00 AM for argument's sake)

2. Then automator opens up iTunes and plays a pre-determined songlist (one songlist for each day of the week... aptly labeled "Monday", "Tuesday", "Wednesday", "Thursday", and "Friday")

3. While the song is playing, automator needs to open up iCal and show me my to-do list for the day.

Is this possible? There doesn't seem to be any reason why this couldn't be performed as long as I kept automator running over the course of the night.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.