Weird Sound While Downloading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
So I am downloading some videos off Guba (kinda like google video) and I head the old familar sound that I used to hear when I downloaded on a PC, like the system was loading, or the HD was spinning. It is focused right around the enter key on my macbook. This is the first I noticed this sound, and the first I ever really downloaded alot of files at once. Is this sound normal?

Edit: I stopped all my downloads and I still get a clicking sound, one at a time, almost like something is loading although nothing is. I have nothing open but safari. This just started maybe 20 minutes ago.

Edit Part 2: Clicking is getting more frequent, luckily I backed up my hd a few days ago. Gonna call apple and see what they say.

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
And just as suddenly as it appeared it has disappeared. Strange. All I did was a restart.

Guess I'll just keep an eye on it =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
do you think it might be the fan?

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I'm not sure, but whatever it is it's doing it again. A short sound like its loading then a click. Fan speeds and temps are normal. Going to apple on thursday =(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
it could be the cylinders in your hd... either they are colliding with something in your hd, or with other cylinders....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
When my logic board failed I remember having the same sort of problems. It all started during one of the Apple firmware updates. Apple just replaced my MBP as it was 6 hours old.

OP
XMARLTONX
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I'm backing up my HD yet again just incase.

The other day I did have to repair volume headers on my startup disk, I don't know if that's related. This is a refurb so I don't know, although I have yet to have a problem with it until now.

I have an appointment on Thursday at 10:25am. Hopefully they hear it to and take care of whatever needs to be taken care of.

Its easy to hear when you turn it on, then it doesn't stick around as long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.