Pics of my 15" MBP with Speck Case

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB
As requested by a couple fellow members, here's a few quick shots of my 15" MBP with my green Speck See-Thru Case.

It's definitely not "Lime Green" but more of an "Apple Green" - no pun intended.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

The case fits like a charm and makes the MBP fit PERFECTLY in my Incase Sleeve (it's not the neoprene one, I think it's polyester)

Oh Ya, and my new MBP ROCKS!!! I've never had a computer so fast, convenient and easy to use. And it's absolutely gorgeous on top of all of that! My father wouldn't even tough it - he's afraid he going to like it too much and have to buy one too :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Looks hot! Congrats man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Nice! You should grab a matching MacPad for the wrist area:

http://www.macstyles.com/products/macpads/

Click on the "Stylize" button then click "MacPads" - they have a few shades of green. I'm torn between getting a clear case and InvisibleShield for the wrist area or getting a colored setup. That green looks a lot nicer in your pics than it does on Speck's website...hmm...

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Those "Mac Pads" are really cool!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
looks hot.

i thought u had the black though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Those "Mac Pads" are really cool!

Yeah they seem pretty nice - lots of colors and designs available. I like trying new things and I may give those a shot since they're cheap ($10) and colorful. I am a BIG fan of InvisibleShields though, I'd coat my car with them if I could! We'll see how well they handle after I get my MBP :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Nice! You should grab a matching MacPad for the wrist area:

http://www.macstyles.com/products/macpads/

Click on the "Stylize" button then click "MacPads" - they have a few shades of green. I'm torn between getting a clear case and InvisibleShield for the wrist area or getting a colored setup. That green looks a lot nicer in your pics than it does on Speck's website...hmm...

Wow, those are nice! Again I have to give virtual rep because I've given you too much already apparently. I may have to get some of those myself! I didn't see if they do custom designs. That would be nice!

I have the Red Speck and like it a lot, but the red is a bit loud for me. I may pick up a black one sometime.

Reaction score
Checked the case out last week...... fantastic and well made....so my hard luck they didnt make one for a Powerbook 15.4 titanium !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
kooBcaM 13"
Does the MBP slam shut with that or its weight is ok?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
It's plastic is prob is like nothing. I'm gonna get the clear one. It was between the green and the clear, but I'm gonna go clear and do some artwork on it, or behind it... not sure yet. The incase sleeve was discontinued i think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
hows much harder does it make to hit the display latch with this case? im curious, because apples design for that is already crap

Reaction score
Can you post photos of it in the dark with the LED? I'm curious how the Apple logo on the back of it looks like.

T

todd51

Wow that's cool, which reminds me I really need clean my MBP, it's getting really dirty, I should also take a bit of compressed air to it, even though I have no idea where I would spray it besides the DVD drive and maybe try to blow some dust up from underneath the keyboard and speakers.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does the MBP slam shut with that or its weight is ok?

Nope, It's shuts just like it did before it was on

looks hot.

i thought u had the black though :)

I have a black Incase Sleeve that I put the laptop in - I leave the Spec Case on the computer and slide it right into the sleeve

hows much harder does it make to hit the display latch with this case? im curious, because apples design for that is already crap

It's not any harder at all.

Can you post photos of it in the dark with the LED? I'm curious how the Apple logo on the back of it looks like.

I will definitely do this today!

Reaction score
Got one on my 17" and I must say, the Speck is the best thing ever for these machines. It's like a suit of armor, yet it is still light.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Got one on my 17" and I must say, the Speck is the best thing ever for these machines. It's like a suit of armor, yet it is still light.

I have a 17" and I didnt know they made these for it and it is a really good idea. Does the plastic case scratch or wear the case at all? That would be the only thing I would worry about, the plastic rubbing on the case and really scratching it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I found the plastic to be much softer than the aluminum case, because it was getting scratched in situations where my MBP wasn't. So chances of it being able to scratch your MBP are about zero.

Having said that, it's good to make sure little pieces of whatever don't get stuck in between. That could be a problem.

Reaction score

I have the orange speck case and the apple logo looks pretty sweet at night glowing through the orange.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
::raises hand:: I've been saying for a couple months now that these cases are COOL...it's good to know someone was listening. ;)

(not just a Speck reseller...but we're all clients too...now if they just made one for my old laptop ;) Heck I even know where you can get one on sale. ;))

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's a pic with the Apple Logo all lit up

IMG_0356.jpg

Looks so sweet

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.