I asked if you need to be 18 to purchace......

Reaction score
They said you will need to be 13 or older. And you will prob have to have ID. IDK where u get an ID if your under 18 tho

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
You can get an ID at your local Department of Motor Vehicle.

Why not just bring a parent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You can get a driver's license at 16!

I had a state ID card when I was 12 so I could work. A "quick" trip to the DMV (with all the proper identification) can get you that.

How about a copy of your birth certificate?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You need to be 18 to use the internet access i think.

Why? I don't think so. If you he needs to be only 13 to buy, then that can't be true.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Most Schools issue IDs these days.

Reaction score
Most Schools issue IDs these days.

Most companies can only use state/Govt issued ID's...like AT&T use. The phone will not be activated in the store so it really shouldn't matter how old the person is. You can buy it without a credit check. You just can't activate it unless you are 18 or older...credit check happens at the store or at home when activating.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
you can get a photo id at any age by going to your local department of motor vehicle or RMV or DMV or whatever they call it there
-chris

Reaction score
In this video you have to be 18 to activate and do a credit check. I dont think they will let you activate in your name if you have no credit w/o a deposit.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/activation.html

Correct. But you don't need to do the credit check in the store. This is why it shouldn't be an issue just buying the device but it will if you thought you could activate it under your own name if you are under 18.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2GB RAM, 7600GT
He mentioned that the only reason he was going to be by himself is because his parent's did not want to wait in line all day. So hopefully they will be able to activate the phone for him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
Activation is via the computer you will be using to sync the iPhone with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, if you buy one and aren't old enough to activate it, you can always flip it on Ebay for a e little profit! Since activation is done after the purchase, that door has been blown wide open and it'll be PS3 all over again! (My stupid brother-in-law bought one for $2,200!!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
Hmmm, too bad the marketing was targeted at that preteen demographic! I can't think of any 15 year old who could get by without an iPhone ;)

Seriously though, I wonder if it's not partially a strategic move... teens have lots of disposable income nowadays and who the heck wouldn't want to be the first with an iPhone (ok... it's NOT that great). Maybe apple wants to keep the iPhone aimed at businessmen and the blackberry crowd? At least at first, I think there's more money in it long term if you hook a corporate crowd... or at least fellas with credit cards and purchasing power. We all know that Apple is doing well in the consumer product world... but I'd think they see this as a possible way into the commercial world as well

Also, I wouldn't expect most 13 year olds could waltz into an AT&T store and buy any phone with a contract without having a cosigner over 18 or credit history.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i called the att store and they said you need to be 18 to purchace it

I can't think of any way it is legal to not sell to anyone less than 18 with the means to buy it.

Then again, I could never think of a legal reason car rentals have for not renting to people less than 25 years old either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.