Stange unheard of fault with iBook G4..

OP
Finx_1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube 450Mhz 1Gb Ram, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25Gb RAM
Sorry, Finx. I'm out of ideas.

Do you thnk that it is the notorious motherboard fault then???
because i really need to know it is before going and spending £175/$350 on a new 1.???

Reaction score
Maybe, but your guess is as good as mine. Unfortunately, putting the drive in the freezer didn't solve anything, because the drive quit, just as before. If it had spun for a longer time, you would have had the answer.

OP
Finx_1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe, but your guess is as good as mine. Unfortunately, putting the drive in the freezer didn't solve anything, because the drive quit, just as before. If it had spun for a longer time, you would have had the answer.

I dont think the drive stops.. u can still hear it spin.. but it doesn't change speed and the arm doesn't move...
Basically the screen freezes and the comp becomes unresponsive. at the moment it's looking like i have no choice but to take a stab in the dark and by the logic board... but i wanna no what is wrong with this logic board b4 getting a new 1..

OP
Finx_1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
would it b possible for me to put in a higher spec mother/logic board??
If I buy a new one I might aswell get a good one..

I currently have a 1.2GHz..
but i know there is the 1.33GHz and pos a 1.43GHz...

Is the possible?? Or do i just stick to the 1.2??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.