Way to copy Office from one computer to another?

Reaction score
I bought some version of Office for OS X when I upgraded my old ibook. I installed it on my next mac. Now on my 3rd mac (and 4th move since then!), and I can't find the disc anywhere. Is there any way to get the software from my old computer to my new macbook? Since I can't find the disc, I can't find the license number (or whatever it's called) either. Suggestions? (Besides buy new software! I'm broke right now, but I need office for work!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm not 100% sure this is legal, but I think if you connect the two Macs together via FireWire and run Migration Assistant (it's in your Utilities Folder) you can copy Apps over.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20 inch dual core. 16 GB ipad.
If It's legal

If your copy of office is licensed to you all you have to do is insert a blank disc, drag the office folder on to it and click burn. Insert it in the other computer and drag it in to the Apps folder. Mac does the rest and it's cheaper than buying a firewire.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
whoaaaa... i know for sure this is illegal, but when I asked about some "other" things I was crucified.... nice.

it's cool though, whatever helps you in the end

OP
C
Reaction score
Is NeoOffice compatible with Office? I'll be making ppt presentations at home and using them on the macs at work.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Is NeoOffice compatible with Office? I'll be making ppt presentations at home and using them on the macs at work.

Yep. You should change the preferences to make the default file type to save in as Office-compatible, but it will happily read Office filetypes without modification.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.