Got my new Powerbook! But need help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Got my new 12" Powerbook! But need help!

Hi, got my new 12" 1.33 GHz Powerbook 20 mins ago, a real beautiful thing, but i need a little help. I paid for a 1gig memory stick but when i go into about this mac to check the specs of the Powerbook, it's saying the second memory slot is empty, any reason why this is?

J

jerodhusvar

citystar2k said:
Hi, got my new 12" 1.33 GHz Powerbook 20 mins ago, a real beautiful thing, but i need a little help. I paid for a 1gig memory stick but when i go into about this mac to check the specs of the Powerbook, it's saying the second memory slot is empty, any reason why this is?

When you go to "About This Mac" does it say you have 1gb of memory? It's possible it was shipped with a single 1gb stick in it. If it doesn't, call the place where you bought it.

jjh

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jerodhusvar said:
When you go to "About This Mac" does it say you have 1gb of memory? It's possible it was shipped with a single 1gb stick in it. If it doesn't, call the place where you bought it.

jjh

No, it's just the basic 256k, i paid for an additional 1gig, but it doesnt show, just says the slot is empty.

J

jerodhusvar

citystar2k said:
No, it's just the basic 256k, i paid for an additional 1gig, but it doesnt show, just says the slot is empty.

I'd be making a phone call, and fast. Does your invoice show the 1gig upgrade on it? If they charged you for it and you didn't get it, I'd be a might offended. :)

jjh

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
jerodhusvar said:
I'd be making a phone call, and fast. Does your invoice show the 1gig upgrade on it? If they charged you for it and you didn't get it, I'd be a might offended. :)

jjh

Phoned them up, they did install it but it doesnt register at all, so they're collecting and sorting it out for me. I would try and do myself, but due to the high level of static i pick up from my work place, i dont wanna fry the memory and whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
citystar2k said:

Have you physically checked the slot to see if the stick is there? Perhaps you just need to reseat the stick.

J

jerodhusvar

citystar2k said:
Phoned them up, they did install it but it doesnt register at all, so they're collecting and sorting it out for me. I would try and do myself, but due to the high level of static i pick up form my work place, i dont wanna fry the memory and whatever.

If you can find a good way to ground yourself, ie, a wrist strap you can get at Radio Shack for $5, it wouldn't hurt to check yourself. The memory may have just popped loose in shipping. I don't even usually use a ground strap, but I'm brave like that. :) (Or is it stupid like that...)

jjh

OP
citystar2k
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'd rather leave it to the place that i bought the PowerBook from, we don't have Apple Stores here in the UK, some Apple Centres though, like the place i got mine from. I've waited long enough to get a PowerBook, actually was gonna be an iBook till Apple upgraded the PowerBook and iBook lines, and i thought just pay that little bit more for the PowerBook, it'll be worth it. Can't wait to run Premiere and PhotoShop through it, i hope it blows my laptop out of the water.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.