How Long To Wait??

Reaction score
I'm extremely excited about purchasing a Macbook for my college laptop but I'm wondering when I should do it.

I know the 15'' Mac Pro received an upgrade with the LED display and does anyone have any clue if there will be any upgrades to the Macbook in the next month or should I just buy mine now?

Also, any comment in the black vs. white debate. I'm leaning towards black because I like the color and it will not show dirt so easily I am hoping.

Any other feedback for a first time mac purchaser about the macbook would be appreciated!

Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm extremely excited about purchasing a Macbook for my college laptop but I'm wondering when I should do it.

I know the 15'' Mac Pro received an upgrade with the LED display and does anyone have any clue if there will be any upgrades to the Macbook in the next month or should I just buy mine now?

Also, any comment in the black vs. white debate. I'm leaning towards black because I like the color and it will not show dirt so easily I am hoping.

Any other feedback for a first time mac purchaser about the macbook would be appreciated!

Thanks.

No one but Apple knows for sure, but I suspect it will be some time before the Macbook line is updated again, considering that it was recently "freshened" just a few months ago.

Personally, I'd go with the black only because it's my personal preference. I think the fact that the white tends to show dirt easier is a good point too.

Reaction score
don't buy it any later than a couple weeks before school starts, so you have it set up and are used to it by the time you start classes. And do it while you can get a free iPod too.

Reaction score
Yes white shows dirt easier but do keep in mind when you decide that the black macbook will show oil from you skin.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i think right at leapord we see a refresh.

im still waiting for a new latch design for the mbp, what the **** apple!

Reaction score
Get it now so you can get the free iPod. Also I have a black one and love it. Buying now will give you time to set it up and mess around with it and get used to it. If you can wait till october for leopard and if it is an issue I would wait but if you don't care or will upgrade later then I would say go for it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.