I'm thinking of posting some Video PHP Tutorials would anyone be interested?

Reaction score
hey everyone I was thinking of posting some Video tutorials on the basics and then move on to the more advanced aspects of PHP. Would anyone have any interest in them?

If so, is there anything that you would specifically like covered?

I was thinking of doing PHP in Dreamweaver CS3.

Reaction score
PHP tutorials in video form? I'm a bit skeptic about that. Any programming tutorial is best in text form, as we can copy and paste code. Also, I don't think video brings any benefit to the table, I mean, PHP hardly results in very dynamic moving things that could be captured on video.

Apart from that, teaching PHP specific for a certain app just narrows down your audience that much. Personally, I'd suggest you write a good text tutorial and serve it off a nicely designed site.

OP
I
Reaction score
PHP tutorials in video form? I'm a bit skeptic about that. Any programming tutorial is best in text form, as we can copy and paste code. Also, I don't think video brings any benefit to the table, I mean, PHP hardly results in very dynamic moving things that could be captured on video.

Apart from that, teaching PHP specific for a certain app just narrows down your audience that much. Personally, I'd suggest you write a good text tutorial and serve it off a nicely designed site.

Gets me thinking..... I was thinking of setting up a site..... maybe I'll do something like that.

M

MacHeadCase

Excellent idea! And yogi posted great advice, me thinks. I'll be keeping an eye out for your site, iRock! :)

OP
I
Reaction score
MacHeadCase... thanks... I'll let you all know whenever I have it up.

I think a site would give me a better chance to include more topics.

My speciality is Director (Shockwave)... But its not so common anymore so I have moved on to learning Flash... which isn't a major transition.

I'll probably include some Director and Flash stuff on the site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Do a search on the Ruby on Rails videos out there (likely on their site) to get a feeling of the pros and cons of this idea.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.