Airport always connects to wrong network automatically

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook Pro
i am new to mac so please dont flame.

i am exeriencing a problem, everytime i close my MacBook Pro or put it to sleep it disconnects from my preferred network and i have to click the Airport icon on the top tab to reconnect to my preferred network to access the interenet

this problem is getting really annoying and i was just wondering if there was a way where i could set a primary network connection with only my preffered network, so everytime i close or put my Macbook to sleep it will always be connected to the internet no matter what.......can anyone help me?

thanks.
-jordanphan

Reaction score
In the wireless settings there is a choice to automatically have it join a preferred network or to only join ones specified in a list. The automatic setting should do what you want. After you've connected once to your home network it will remember that in the future.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook Pro
thanks for the reply........but i dont know why i cant find it. by wireles settings....do you mean INTERNET CONNECT? or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
click the blue apple at the top right > system pref > network > under show select airport > then by default , join automatic?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz MacBook Pro
thanks civic....its doing exactly what i want now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.