IPOD Question

Reaction score
New user (sort of): I've been using my IPOD (4gb) for about 2 months now. On several occasions (2-3) I've had something flakey happen. After selecting a playlist (or song list), my screen scrolls only 1/2 a screen at a time, then displays the item # (1 of 23, etc) for 2-3 seconds then cycles to the next item (2 of 23 etc) and so on until the last item is reached. The slide bar displays a 2-3 second "play' on each item, but no sound is heard. The battery level is OK.

So far, the only solution is to restore everything, erasing all music, and downloading all music again from the computer.

I bought my IPOD on May 3, and don't want too much time to lapse before dicovering if I have a defective unit.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on and if the unit is defective? I appreciate your help. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Im not entirely sure of your issue here but do you mean 4th Gen not 4ghz? a 4Ghz iPod would be pretty impressive for sure :p

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
I would search the internet and apple's website for a page about your problem and if you can't find anything I would bring it into an apple store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.