Apple Store Repair Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I took my macbook into the apple store today to get my screen flickering issue fixed. The guy took it right away and said it be back in a couple of days. I asked if I needed to worry about backing up all my hard drive stuff because I just only now got an external hard drive and havent done it yet. He told me no. So i signed the papers and didnt really pay attention til I got home and read the copy he gave me to me. It said that Apple isnt responsible if the hard drive is corrupted or erased when repaired.

So my question is, should I be worried or do you think there is any chance that I could be getting my macbook back in two days with all my music as well ripped DVDs erased?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The chances are slim that your hard drive will be wiped since you sent it in for work on the screen, but to be honest, you should have backed up your stuff just in case they did accidentally erase your drive.

OP
Shannonb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
****. I see this leading down a very bad road. I guess we will find out in two days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
As Kash said, the chances are very slim that you will lose anything BUT the chance is always there.. I would be more upset with the "genuis" that told you "no" and not to worry about backing anything up.. I have taken a few different mac's to my local apple store and every single time no matter how small the repair they suggested that I backup anything and everything just to be safe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.