Reliability....

J

Joeytpg

Guys, a simple little question for you.

How reliable Refurbished Powerbooks are?

i looking at a Refurbished 1.25 15" alum. PB down at apple.com......

can i get some opinions here please :)

i was thinking about getting either a 1.25 15" (previous PB model) or a new 1.33 15" Combo drive (maybe refurb.) and today i found a very interesting offert at apple.com (1.25 refub.) it looks better than a new 1.33 15" combo, it has more RAM, SUPERDRIVE, Backlit keyboard, bigger Hard drive, and the processor it's only .8 difference 1.25 vs 1.33 ........so it looks like the 1.25 is a better option.

Now, again, the question.....is it reliable to buy a previous PB Refurbished model (1.25ghz) ???

the price rocks....

P.S.

Can i get Student discount even with Refurbished products??

thanks guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I would definitely go for the refurbished machine. My take on Apple's refurbished products is that they should be just as, if not more, reliable than the new ones, since they've basically been checked out twice, whereas the new products have only been once. They also have the same warranty as the new products, so even if there is a problem with it, you'll be able to have it fixed just as with a new machine. As for the Education discount, to my knowledge it doesn't apply to the refurbished products.

OP
T

TylerMoney

Refurbished products are just as reliable....for the most part anyway...they're just slightly used..but apple makes sure they're coming out with as perfect conditions as possible..which means pretty much as perfect as any brand new one....

I don't know aboutt the student discount though

But I'd say if you're really wanting to save money, definintely get a refurb...

OP
J

Joeytpg

well i definitely want to save money........BUT EVEN if i had enough money, the 1.25 seems a better deal than the 1.33 15" combo,

so i guess i'll go for the refurb! :D (i hope than in a month or so i can buy this machine... :D :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Joeytpg said:
(i hope than in a month or so i can buy this machine... :D :D

Beware that in a month or so, that machine could be gone!

By the way: I was looking at some of the Refurbished G5's....It says that it comes with 10.2.7, but comes with the Panther discs...If I did a Fresh install of Panther with those discs, would I have iLife 04' with GB?

I know this is kinda off topic but.....Do you think that the G5 lineup will be All dual?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ApplejustWorks said:
Beware that in a month or so, that machine could be gone!

By the way: I was looking at some of the Refurbished G5's....It says that it comes with 10.2.7, but comes with the Panther discs...If I did a Fresh install of Panther with those discs, would I have iLife 04' with GB?

I know this is kinda off topic but.....Do you think that the G5 lineup will be All dual?
My refurbed eMac came with iLife '04. The listing should tell you exactly what software and discs are included.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.