How to uninstall Office 2004 Test drive

Reaction score
I have a new Macbook. I want to remove the Office 2004 test drive because I know I won't use/need it. I went to Application, office 2004 test drive, and "Remove Office." Thing is, when it shows the selection screen on what I want to remove, it lists nothing. What gives?

Reaction score
Yikes I just search stuff like office 2004 and delete all the files, I'm sure thats the wrong way to do it though..

Reaction score
Just drag and drop all the files that are in the Applications Folder in the trash, then go to your username(under desktop)folder>Library>Application Support> and delete and Office files there. Then there might be some support docs in Documents, after those three should be completely gone. Remember to empty the trash! ;)

OP
P
Reaction score
I figured out an easier way (noted in my blog). Apparently it's like those trial-wares you get when you bought a new PC, where the programs are pre-installed, but not fully installed. They will only went through complete installation when you start the program. So I decided to run MS Powerpoint (presumably any of the office apps will do), went through the license agreement, and Office is installing a bunch of stuff. Then I re-ran the uninstaller, now it found the program (interestingly, it also found Office X, weird).

It is interesting that 1 of the trial/bloat-ware on a Mac is from Microsoft.

Reaction score
Pika, was there an actual uninstall program?

Well currently I use Mail but I like Entourage, what makes you think Office is bloated? Any specific reasons I should stay away? Thanks!

OP
P
Reaction score
If you go to Finder, Application, Office 2004 test drive folder, there should be an icon for the unistaller (Remove Office). If you need Office, then by all means use it. I'm just saying I personally don't need it, hence the space taken up by the program can be used for something else. Plus it's not universal and running under rosetta. If I need a word processor, openoffice is free.

Reaction score
Yes but...i guess honestly i didn't have time to learn openoffice and osx at the same time so just ran with office, although openoffice is nice, i still find it somewhat limited.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.