Hooking up a PS2 Keyboard (New Owner)

K

ken2288

Hey guys I just got my new powerbook about 2 weeks now. My question is that I would want to use my ps2 keyboard (dell) with the powerbook. I got a ps2 to usb converter and the powerbook does not detect it the keyboard. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to get drivers? Thanks new mac user!

OP
K

ken2288

ken2288 said:
Hey guys I just got my new powerbook about 2 weeks now. My question is that I would want to use my ps2 keyboard (dell) with the powerbook. I got a ps2 to usb converter and the powerbook does not detect it the keyboard. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to get drivers? Thanks new mac user!

Can Anyone Help Me? Can you only use mac keyboard with a mac? Or can you use any?

OP
P

PowerbookG417

your probably not going to find the drivers for it...its a usb keyboard from the start...then you'll have no problems...

but to tell you the truth...get the bluetooth apple keyboard...if you have the bluetooth built into your powerbook...i can get about 30 feet from the powerbook and still control it !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.