97% full charge?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
my MBP battery sayd its at 97% but its plugged in and its using AC power... and the green light on the charger is lit. any reason for this? obviously 97% isn't full... and it hasn't gone up either. First time this has happened

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The battery only charges when it drops below 95%, if you are between 95-100 it just runs directly off the AC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
It is apparently a good idea to drain your battery occaisionally....I don't have the full story on this and am just going by what I have been told by a PC tech. I let my MBP run from main all the time. About once a month I pull the plug and when it get down to under 10%, plug it back in....get back to 100% for a few days then slowly drops again.

Reaction score
My problem is my macbook will reach 99% and always say 'calculating'. The charger light is always orange, and I've tried keeping it plugged in for a few hours extra but it still says 99% and 'calculating'.

Apple's recommendation to fully calibrate your battery is to run your laptop unplugged until it sleeps on it's own. This is when your battery is ~5% remaining I believe. Then let it sleep for 5hrs + (this will drain any remaining power your laptop uses for sleep). Afterwards plug it in and charge it. After it reaches 100% keep it plugged in for at least an extra 2hrs (you can still use your computer). I'm going to try this to see if it solves my problem.

OP
TheInvsbleMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
yea problem solved... it fixed itself I guess.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.