backup!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel CD 2GHz, 2G, 120G (White)
hi guys.
i just brought a new HD to back things up from my macbook.
is there any apps that will let me backup folders but without having to look whats new and whats already on there? i dont wont to have to look each time or just replace files.

cheers.

M

MacHeadCase

SuperDuper! does all the looking for you. It's the best out there in backup software plus it makes your external a bootable drive in case problems happen on your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm not so sure about SuperDuper. I did a complete backup of my HD when I got my external backup drive this week. Today I tried to do a Smart Update backup, where it just backs up the changed/new files, and removes the deleted files. But everytime I tried to do it, tried over 5 times, it would go partway, then stall. Had to tell SuperDuper to stop in order to do anything with it.

M

MacHeadCase

I would email and send in the report. Their support line is fantastic and immediate, Stretch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Hmm. seems like the problem might have been due to my disk needing repair. Worked fine after it was repaired.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.