Need to know about macbooks please :))

Reaction score
hiya i would just like to say a big hello im new to this forum and this is my first thread.

i might be getting a macbook soon wooo

i know there amazing i need to know everytihng about them tho

so tell me all about them and how cool they are

also the cool features and the experiences you have had with them and maybe the bad things you have experienced.

i also have a few questions!!! (trust me to ask questions lol)

ok

1) How do you right click since there's only one clicker lol

2) you know im garage band can u like take out the words from a song so its a backing track? and what exactly is it used for?

3) can you tell me loads of cool things like exposse thingy or whatever its called and what is it and how do you use it.

all the cool little niffty tricks and things

thanks so much.

(i promise my future threads wont be this long!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
well.. i absolutely love my macbook, and have had nothing but good experiences with it. as for the right click.. all you need to do is hold down ctrl while you click, and you can set the touch pad so that hitting it with two fingers 'right clicks' although, with macs it is called 'ctrl-click' or 'secondary-click' and you don't need to use it as often as on a pc, you can actually do anything a diiferent way. also if you get a mighty mouse, you can set it for two button, and any usb mouse works for the macbook.

sorry, but i don't use garage band:p

but exposé is this really neat thing that lets you move between windows, the default ways to use it is the f-keys
f9-shows all windows
f10-shows all windows for the current app
f11-shows desktop

if you hit f12, or the dashboard icon on your dock, you get the dashboard which is a place for a lot of handy widget that ship with the macbook, and that you can download from apple.com or other sites:p

Reaction score
yeah the right click on the macbook is cool, u just tap ur two finger in the trackpad thingy, (of course u have to set it first in preferences) look at that i dont veen have a macbook yet and i know hehehe, i;ve been going to the apple store err weeked to play wit em heheh, i cant wait till next month till i actually own one

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' 80g Macbook 2.0 2g Ipod Nano
I had the same question about right clicking a few days ago. You can set up the trackpad to tap it with two fingers and it acts as the right click. Or you can do like I did and buy mighty mouse and set it up for a right clcik just like a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
No thats not at all what GarageBand is for.

Its for you to make your own music, either using the provided loops or plugging in a keyboard or recording a guitar and vocals or whatever.

Reaction score
lol me too bro....spend 1 hour a day looking a people opening the macbooks on youtube lol can you say desperate to get a macbook lmao

OP
J
Reaction score
Bringing macbook from american to england

hiya if i buy a macbook in america and bring it to england will the english things work on it

because i once bought a ipod usb off ebay and it was american and my comp didnt recognise it.

will this be the case with my macbook?

like all my hardware etc

im a newb btw

OP
J
Reaction score
im dumb and forgot to ask

does macbooks come with quicktime player PRO or do i have to pay extra

Reaction score
You should be able to switch the keyboard layout in the software, so the £ sign, for example, is where it's supposed to be. But it won't be printed on a key. You'll have a $ printed on the key as an upper-case 4.

On my full-size keyboard, # is upper-case 3. Switching the keyboard software to British, £ is upper-case 3. But of course it isn't printed on the key. Some punctuation signs may be printed in the wrong place, too, though I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
And you'll have to pay extra for QT Pro.

Reaction score
Of course, you'll have to buy the appropriate power adapter for your power cord/power brick. Since the power supply is universal, you don't need to worry about a transformer, just an adapter.

Reaction score
Is Apple planning any upgrades to the MacBook anytime soon? I am thinking of getting a black one and shelling out the cash for 2GB. Or is it better to get a low-level Macbook pro?

Any websites that have a comparison breakdown?

OP
J
Reaction score
well leapord is coming out in october and you will be able to buy it and upgrade your tiger version

hopefully that answer's you. xD

OP
J
Reaction score
What Does Garage Band Do?

Hello...

im a soon-to-be mac user,

:)

unfortunately im still on a c----y pc.

i was just wondering what does garage band do exactly?

in detail please all the cool features :))

Also one other question you know imove thingy can i just plug in my digital camcorder and get the video off of it and onto my mac and ready to edit?

Reaction score
Hey how are ya?

You can do alot of stuff with Garageband. You can create podcasts and recordings.

You can use virtual instruments or real instruments e.g. your own guitar (if you have the right hardware.

You can apply voice, instruments and drum effects. Its pretty cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Yeah thats what iMovie is for...what else? haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Garage band is a good, but basic and some times limiting recording software and VI sequencer. Not Village Idiot sequencer, Virtual Instrument.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.