Need to know about macbooks please :))

Reaction score
hiya i was just wandering if anyone thought macbooks would ever get a tad cheaper.

i know there amazing and you get what you pay for etc but in america there like £200 cheaper. SO unfair!! Lol
Don't blame Apple. Blame the VAT listing that's included in the prices on the U.K. Prices on the U.S. site do not include sales tax, so to properly compare them, subtract the VAT first.

Reaction score
read the other thread where you rudely posted

You're asking essentially the same questions. I don't understand what the point of making that other thread was. Your intentions were very unclear. Basically, you asked us to "post stuff about macbooks".

Reaction score
ok thx

but there still cheaper by a bit
Hmm. Maybe the market-share volume of imports versus the U.S. market share makes a difference. It's lower in the U.K., isn't it?

I'd check out the Canadian store to see if this theory holds water, but I'm too lazy.

Reaction score
lol thanks for raising awareness about the VAT
there's no such thing as VAT in the US
Not entirely. There are sales taxes, though at least one state, Montana, I think, doesn't have one.

Each state's sales tax differs from the other, so there's no way each grand total with tax can be listed.

Reaction score
Half the fun is getting to know the operating system.
And, don't double post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.