• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I just won a Wii game from Wendy's...!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Crazy! I just decided I'd put in the stupid code on the side of my frosty float cup on the website and what do you know, it says congrats and I won a game!! I've never won anything in my life, this is so weird. Anyone else ever won something crazy like this?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
congrats! do you have a wii?

i've got one of those cups from last week. haven't entered the code yet...

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
That's the annoying part, I don't have a Wii. According to the site there's 800 games and 800 systems to be given away, of course I win the thing I can't even use when the odds are the same. lol. I might have to pick up a Wii now.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well, if i win a wii, i'll buy the game from you. ;P

Reaction score
What game? I'll take it off your hands, free of charge! ;)

I've never won anything at all.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hahaha, I'm not sure what I'll do with it, they said it'll take 8-10 weeks to get here so I have some time to decide if I'll buy a Wii or sell the game. Unfortunately they didn't tell me what game and the rules state they get to decide, so I hope it's a good one. But hey, it's free. O:)

Reaction score
:) Hopefully it's something cool. Let me know what it is when they tell you, and I'll let you know. Hope for Wario Ware or Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. :)

Reaction score
Sweet. I've won free golf balls, but that's it haha. Let me know because I might buy it from you depending on the title. ;)

T

todd51

That's awesome, you could always sell the game (if it's a good one) if you don't want to buy the Wii.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel Core2 Duo
Theres always tradeing it in for cash at your local GameStop or EB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel Core2 Duo
They won't give you much at all compared to what the game is worth.

Very true. But its better then having a shiney paperweight. Anything gained on something free is a profit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Well, you have another voucher. If it's cool I'd prolly buy it too :) I need some wii games, I keep renewing Zelda, I should just buy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Intel Core2 Duo
Hmm... New thread idea. Buying the Wii or going out and playing the sports for real?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Shaddup, sports fan. :D JK

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.