How do I open dmg.zip sets and dmg sets?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.5ghz, 512mb ram, 80 Gig HD with Superdrive....
Ok I have zipit...stuffit....and i`m lost...Found some stuff but i`m still lost....I have a a movie made up of dmg.zip files and another that is straight .dmg files. How do I get these to open and extract!??!?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
.dmg should just open after you drag it into a folder. What does it do exactly?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Anything that ends with .dmg is a DiskImage, all you need to do is double click on it, and it will mount as a drive on the desktop. Anything that ends with .zip will automatically decompress when you double click on it, into the same folder as the .zip file (so a .zip file on the desktop will decompress on to the desktop).

In short, double click both of them and they should just work.

If this is not working, I'd be worried about the files being corrupted somehow, as neither file requires 3rd party programs for the OS to deal with them.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.5ghz, 512mb ram, 80 Gig HD with Superdrive....
OK...if I click on the 1st zip it says either invaild or start at the last file...If I click on the last file i ger Error Code = - 40? Man I need a book I swear...Whole new world over here. Like learning to walk again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Those error messages mean that the zip file ORIGINALLY was compressed into two seperate files possibly on two seperate CDs for storage space's sake. The way a zip file works when split into 2 files is the zip archive's TOC (table of contents) is integrated into the second file. If you don't have the second file, you can't open the .zip file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.