Is This Upgradable?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I'm interested in the G3 but I was wondering if it was upgradable and if so, how much?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 2.16Ghz, 2GB, 100GB HD, 15.4", 256 MB vram
Check out macsales.com. It appears that they have processors and memory for that model of the G3 you're looking at.

You might also consider a G4 cube, which was the next generation, if I'm not mistaken. The G4's are pretty slick and were very quiet as they did not have fans to cool the internal components. You can also upgrade those, but might run into thermal issues.

But if you're talking about upgrading, it maybe be better to consider purchasing a mac mini (about to be discontinued, according to mactactic.com - so that's kind of iffy), imac or macbook, depending on your needs. To me, upgrading really only makes sense if you already have the machine and want to extend it's useful life further.

If your heart's set on that G3, remember, it like everything else on ebay - caveat emptor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.