Mac OS X PKG Installer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I'd recommend contacting Apple as it would be illegal and violation of our forum rules for anyone to upload and give you any portion of their OS.

Apple should be able to provide you with new install disks.

Reaction score
I'd upload an installer, but since it's an entire DVD, Mac-Forums would blow its budget for 2007 having to buy 2,000 years worth of electrons to handle it.

M

MacHeadCase

Not a word on the mysterious Missing Disks... *Sigh*

I always find it weird that people don't keep with care their install disks or that they run off (Look ma! A deal!!!!!!!) to buy from someone a Mac who doesn't include the disks which came with it.

Without those, the buyer loses all possibilities of reinstall, troubleshooting, a diagnostic tool for all the Mac's hardware and another to repair the hard drive. Not to mention you miss out on the bundled software's installers.

And say it's not possible to get hold of those disks. Seems to me the first thing the new owner should do is buy at least the full OS X install disks because you never know what could happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Not a word on the mysterious Missing Disks... *Sigh*

I always find it weird that people don't keep with care their install disks or that they run off (Look ma! A deal!!!!!!!) to buy from someone a Mac who doesn't include the disks which came with it.

Without those, the buyer loses all possibilities of reinstall, troubleshooting, a diagnostic tool for all the Mac's hardware and another to repair the hard drive. Not to mention you miss out on the bundled software's installers.

And say it's not possible to get hold of those disks. Seems to me the first thing the new owner should do is buy at least the full OS X install disks because you never know what could happen.

I bought a second hand eMac with everything installed but still amanged to buy a Tiger install disk set as the machine didn't come with the disks.....common sense I thought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
M

MacHeadCase

I'm lazy this mornin' man... :p

I'd upload an installer, but since it's an entire DVD, Mac-Forums would blow its budget for 2007 having to buy 2,000 years worth of electrons to handle it.

Yeah that wouldn't be very good for the Unit.

Reaction score
I compare it to people who know nothing about cars but buy used, not knowing or realizing how they could be taken in.

What's an install disk? The computer worked when I bought it!

To some whose interests don't include computers, it's like buying a toaster then discovering the left-side heating-element installer is missing. Who among us would expect that?

The Mac's reputation as being trouble-free and possibly sold under that pretense to a neophyte by the unscrupulous add to the possibility of it happening.

M

MacHeadCase

There are also some people coming from the Windoze world as well. I was horrified when I heard some people talk at the hospital where I worked about them buying for their home a brand new WinBox and not having any install disks in the computer's boxes.

When I let them know that this was highly unusual not getting any reinstall media with brand new computer equipment, they rather seemed used to this scenario and they thought I was the weird one because my Mac came with the install disks kit.

Now I don't know how many times this still happens now that M$, in recetn years, went on the offensive to find out the businesses that installed pirated copies of their OS on new computers...

Reaction score
I was horrified when I heard some people talk at the hospital where I worked about them buying for their home a brand new WinBox and not having any install disks in the computer's boxes.
This was the case with a friend who's Acer had turned into a pumpkin. He looked at me like I was an idiot when I suggested he simply reinstall the system.

But that was years ago, so I didn't mention it in my post above. As hard as it was to believe it then, it's just as hard to believe that it's still happening.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
A word of advice - DON'T install any Logitech software on your Mac. I just did that and FUBARed everything. Even if it works you'll get regular kernel panics. Logitech use Application Enhancer, which should have been strangled at birth - but more importantly THEY DON'T TELL YOU they use APE.

Use SteerMouse instead of Logitech's software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.