Strange tiny numbers instead of letters in safari

Reaction score
Hi. I have an example shot of my problem here -

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/zapupatar/muddle.jpg

In my safari web browser, in some pages, instead of normal letters there are hundreds of what look like tiny fractions and sometimes there is writing that looks like another language. I don't know what it is? I've been downloading a lot of bit torrents lately, could it be a virus? Thanks to anyone who has an idea of what it is.

Reaction score
It isn't a virus. Are you running Safari's 3.0 beta? It uses an installer, so quit Safari and run Disk Utility's permissions repair, just in case.

You could also try the fsck -fy fix here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Sometimes caused by a corrupted font.
Font Book > Validate fonts
Resolving duplicates wouldn't hurt either
Best

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Couldn't you guys read that? It said that wikedpedia is having a really cool party and we are all invited. Ok maybe it didn't. I agree with torchy on this. Fonts have corrupted.

Reaction score
solution to tiny numbers in safari

A bit late, I know... just found this forum and I believe I may have a solution for you, as it happened to me as well. I went into font book and disabled the font Helvetica Fractions. Once it was turned off, the problem disappeared!:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.