• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iTunes Music Store In Canada, When?

N

natey

Oh when, oh when will iTunes Music Store be available in Canada?

I heard July. The new iPods (which the USA is currently enjoying) isn't yet available in Canada, but I heard that it should hit stores in July (this comes from a guy who works on London Drugs). So, maybe this is when iTunes will appear in Canada?

Who knows.

In Canada we have Puretracks, and it purely sucks.

Puretracks doesn't allow Mac users to download music, or even enter their site. Several phone companies (Telus and Bell) are offering 99¢ music downloads -- but alas, they are going through Puretracks. Barred again!

Reportedly, Napster is thinking about coming to Canada and the UK soon, but they are worried because file sharing is still legal in the two countries. They are expected to come out soon, anyway.

Future shop has announced that they'll open up an online music store on June 12th, offering 99¢ downloads, too.

So, apple, apple, apple -- you better get on the ball here.

But in the mean time -- what options are there for Mac users in Canada? Puretracks isn't an option, unless you use a PC with windows -- or if you use virtual PC on the mac. I don't know if you can only play the songs in windows, or if you can play it from the shared folder.

The Puretracks site blames the problem on Windows Media Player for Mac, saying that it ignores the file restrictions put on the music. iTunes, i don't know what it does with the wma's ... the new iTunes can convert wma's to acc. That's all I know.

So, what should Mac-Canadian's do. Play with limes and copper wire?

I suppose so, I suppose so ...

--nate

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.