Need a bag for 15" MBP under $40, any suggestions?

Reaction score
I am getting my new 15" MBP next week. Does anyone have a recommended bag that is under $40? I would like to be able to fit my power cord and a mini USB mouse in the bag with the notebook.

Reaction score
man when i got my mbp they gave me this crappy cover, whats the use? it doesnt even have a friggin handle ><! and the mac bags that were in the store were really cheap. so i ended up going to this computer mall and got this bag for 120 hkd its really cheap and such good quality! so if u know anyone from hong kong tell them to buy one for u and post it to you. even with added postage it works out cheaper

Reaction score
YOu could try the See-thru from Speck. I just ordered a black one.
They are hard plastic covers for your macbook pro so you can throw them into any other bag (like a backpack). Looks like a great idea too me. That way you area always protecting your computer. And maybe you can get a color you like (clear is an option though).
They cost about $45 on amazon.com with free shipping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 2.16Ghz, 2GB, 100GB HD, 15.4", 256 MB vram
I use the Incase polyurethane sleeve (black). I purchased mine at Best Buy for right about $30. It fits my 15.4" MBP very nicely and then goes inside of a book bag, saving me the need for a new laptop or messenger bag. The case offers good protection as long you're mindful of your precious cargo. The padding feels adequate and my MBP is still in mint condition.

Some people have reported that the label on the inside was causing scuffing on their macbook pro's, but I have not found this to be the case with mine. I have used this product for about six months now and have only good things to say about it.

OP
techmonkey
Reaction score
I decided to go with both, and new bag and a sleeve (incase or similar). The bag will be used when traveling, while the sleeve will be used for daily use.

Here is the bag I bought. My cousin has one and likes it. It has a nice feature were the shoulder strap retracts. It also has ample protection, and ample space for accessories,etc.

detailed pics here
http://www.bagsforme.com/bags/US-SGB300

cheaper price here
http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?catg=535&item=107609&prDeTab=1#A

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
If I get the Speck see-thru, hard plastic case, will the MBP still fit nicely in the 15" incase sleeve?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
I was just on the Canadian site, and under shipping for the Incase 15" sleeve, and the 13" and 17" it said discountinued.... I guess if I get the Speck case then I can just put it in my bag. I've read that there have been many complaints about the back clicking and u have to file it down. Do you think they've fixed that already? one other thing... will the Speck case make my MBP hotter? I've read on their site that it won't but from personal experience have u noticed anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
YOu could try the See-thru from Speck. I just ordered a black one.
They are hard plastic covers for your macbook pro so you can throw them into any other bag (like a backpack). Looks like a great idea too me. That way you area always protecting your computer. And maybe you can get a color you like (clear is an option though).
They cost about $45 on amazon.com with free shipping.

id like to see pics of the black on the mbp when u get it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
If I get the Speck see-thru, hard plastic case, will the MBP still fit nicely in the 15" incase sleeve?

itll probably fit better. the 15" incase sleeve is a little loose, opposed to the snug fitting 13"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 17" 2GB Ram, Intel Core Duo
incase is a great sleeve...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15 Inch MBP 2.4 GHz 4GB Ram 160 GB
I just got my MBP 15" today, put on my Speck case and threw it in my Incase bag - fits like a charm!

Reaction score
It says on Speck's site that they have fixed the problem with the two halves hitting each other, so you no longer need to file it down.

Reaction score
Don't buy a 2500 dollar laptop and 40 dollar bag for it :p My favorite bag is the North Face Surge. Holds both my IBM (work) and my Mac nicely and has great compartments for organizing.

OP
techmonkey
Reaction score
Don't buy a 2500 dollar laptop and 40 dollar bag for it :p My favorite bag is the North Face Surge. Holds both my IBM (work) and my Mac nicely and has great compartments for organizing.

What makes a $100 backpack better than the $40 bag that I posted? The bag I posted actually retails for around $89, but Sams Club always sells things cheaper. One of the things I like about Sams, easy return policy. If I dont think the bag will provide ample support (which I sure it will), then I can return it.

http://www.thenorthface.com/opencms/opencms/tnf/gear.jsp?site=NA&model=AE5T

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.