screen flickering

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
my macbook is only a couple months old, but the screen in "flickering" not very intensely, like, not right black, but it does go darker (or brighter if it's fairly dim) for half a second, and it does it a couple times till i hit it. at first i thought nothing of it, but than i remembered my friends acer did the same thing and he thought nothing of it.. now when he turns it on, it is just a rainbow of colours (i think it's called colour bleeding) i am worried mine will do the same, and i really hope it doesn't as.. i really love it :) i just saw a kid on youtube, with a macbook that did the same thing:(

any suggestions as to what i can do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I have the same issue and called. You have to take to a apple store and they should be able to fix, if not they will send it off and get it fixed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 1.25Gb Ram WiFi'd To Airport Extreme!
I have the same issue and called. You have to take to a apple store and they should be able to fix, if not they will send it off and get it fixed.

i have the same issue
i havnt taken it in yet

OP
ki99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i live in canada, and have been to only 2 of the 4 apple stores in the country, only once for each, both on the same day on a school trip, any other suggestions?:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Took mine into the store today. I tolf him I had a flickering issue and they got didnt even open my macbook up. He just took and said he'd have it back in a couple days.

OP
ki99
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
awesome.. any suggestions beSIDES the store, as they are hard to access for me.. only being 4 in the country:p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.