Transfering Operating Systems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ White MacBook w/ 1 GB of RAM
My brother bought me Adobe CS3 Web Premium (PC version) for Christmas before I announced that I was going to buy a MacBook for my birthday. Is it possible to have Adobe convert my copy from a PC version to a Mac version? If not, I guess I'll just have to turn on my PC whenever I need to do some designing :Shouting:.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
no they wont do that....did you open it yet? if not return it

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
no they wont do that....did you open it yet? if not return it

Agreed. If it's opened I doubt Adobe would exchange it, but if it's still sealed, take it back.

If you are stuck with it, you can always install a small install of XP using Bootcamp on that Macbook and run CS3 there.

OP
viibrato
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHZ White MacBook w/ 1 GB of RAM
Ack. I knew I shouldn't have opened it. :Sleeping: Thanks for the help. :D

Reaction score
I hate this - I really do hate this!

I have a whole load of legally bought Adobe software - a LOT of money's worth. They expect me to buy it all again just because I've changed from PC to Mac? Why can't I just pay a small fee for a Mac version CD and transfer the licence? I can transfer activation from one PC to another - so why not a PC to a Mac?

It's no wonder piracy is so rife :Shouting:

M

MacHeadCase

A few months ago, someone posted in M-F that he thought Adobe has a cross-grade pricing policy (from PC to Mac - you sent them your PC disks and they sent you back the Mac versions for a fee). Now I can't find the post anymore. :Shouting:

Reaction score
Regarding Adobe, I found this on a blog.
. . . .If you find that you want to switch an Adobe product license from Mac to Windows or vice versa, please contact Adobe Customer Service. They'll walk you through the process.
I couldn't find anything explicity stating there's a discount, but this suggests there is.

Reaction score
Despite all of the other annoyances of Quark, version 7.2 is a cross-platform, Universal installer. I do know that Adobe offers a cross-platform transfer, but I don't know how much it is worth.

Reaction score
TrimTheFat is a freebie that pulls the unneeded PowerPC or Mac Intel code from apps. It can save tons of space.

I've seen a couple of warnings about using it, though no specific apps were mentioned. Some may not work after using it. I assume that Quark uses an installer, so if TrimTheFat is safe to use with Quark and you want to get rid of all the extra code besides that in the app folder itself, you'd have to chase down all the files it spreads around the machine.

If you use TrimTheFat, set the preferences so it deletes the extra code, not save it. Otherwise, you end up with two versions of the same app, one being completely useless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.