• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

easy fix ( i hope ) plz help

D

doubledvideo

Whats going on??

I go to download.com, i want to try some software for my powermac, I click 'download now' and nothing happens...it just sits there...i am on a home wireless network, (my mac and 2 pc's)...is something wrong with my mac? its new...everything else works perfectly...all programs and webpages work perfectly...well..except my ver. of Safari doesn't work...starts loading the page and stops...so thats why i use Microsoft IE for Mac...but IE for mac...just sits when i want to download something from download.com??
anyone have this problem?

Let me know.!!! plz! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
First try repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions

OP
D

doubledvideo

it didn't work, download.com didn't work...but thanks...i didn't know about that..i am new(er) to the mac world, i will do that from now on....i update my computer every week but never did that...is that compaird to windows ver. of defrag???

any other ideas for download.com?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Try going to
Safari/Preferences/Security

Make sure all four things are checked in Web Content and cookies are set to sites you navigate to

OP
D

doubledvideo

nope...safari still dont work...and IE still wont let me download from download.com....

macs suck..

j/k...

i still love my mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Try disabling the Pop-up blocker that might be stopping the page from opening.

Try out versiontracker.com or macupdate.com for the best mac downloads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
doubledvideo said:
it didn't work, download.com didn't work...but thanks...i didn't know about that..i am new(er) to the mac world, i will do that from now on....i update my computer every week but never did that...is that compaird to windows ver. of defrag???

any other ideas for download.com?
It's the OS X check of file and command permissions. If you don't have Mac Janitor (free AFAIK) then make sure you run cron tasks Finder, Applications. Utilities Terminal type (switching to root - superuser) sudo sh /etc/daily > this needs to be done /weekly (instead of daily) and monthly. again with all apps closed File vault has what we can compare to defrag

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.