• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forum's Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Hey guys, I took a few weeks off for finals and there are soo many more members than before. Most of you I don't even recognize. I think it would be handy if we had a place were we could all just sit and chatter with each other. This is by no means a new idea, many forums have a place called the Bar and Grill (B&G as its called). I hope this will help bring our forum together closer, help me get to know you guys a little better. Then keep us taking and comming back to find out what new shiz is going on in peoples lives.

This is intended to be a 'slow-chat', a virtual bar. Place to socialize and enjoy each others company.

So who can I serve first! :D

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so... how is everyone? what r u all up 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Just watched the Sopranos.....got work in the morning (caddy) and then orthopedist for some x-rays on my shoulder (probably shouldnt be caddying)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Heh just watched Sopranos also -- best show on TV :) My expectation for tomorrow is nothing other then the usual routine errands and maybe a stop in the afternoon by the Barnes and Noble before going home

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
never even seen that show.. but i guess its good eh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
its pretty good....hasnt been as good in recent years as the beginning but its a solid show

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Graphite said:
Hey guys, I took a few weeks off for finals and there are soo many more members than before. Most of you I don't even recognize. I think it would be handy if we had a place were we could all just sit and chatter with each other. This is by no means a new idea, many forums have a place called the Bar and Grill (B&G as its called). I hope this will help bring our forum together closer, help me get to know you guys a little better. Then keep us taking and comming back to find out what new shiz is going on in peoples lives.

This is intended to be a 'slow-chat', a virtual bar. Place to socialize and enjoy each others company.

So who can I serve first! :D

That is what I thought any thing goes was for. :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rman said:
That is what I thought any thing goes was for. :)

nahh :) most threads have a purpose, this has nothing other than socialize.
how many threads go off topic and stay open? none, because we will close them. This on the other hand, no topic talk about anything and everything.

monkey, Yeah i see the dvd series in blockbuster and what not all the time... always tempting.. but why pay for something i can see for free?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
age isnt a big deal to me... im in college... 2-4 years out of college and before, i can carry on a intelligent convo with, so it doesnt matter. when ya get older than 40 and your non active in physical activities, your brain degrades :) but otherwise, if your active your brain will never age. (ask for more details, i know your waiting to ask Dr. Graph all your psychological problems that need fixing :) )

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Graphite I looked at the main page to double check check of the forum titles.

ANYTHING GOES - Discuss whatever you want here.

THE PIT - Discuss whatever is ailing you here. Just keep it clean, and above the belt, please.

I believe you already have a lounge or bar & grill with the above forums. The names can be changed thou.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rman you just wont give up will you!!

see the sicker under my name!!! I say! we need (relative to socializing) this so we do! See with this one thread we can fill it with random chatter not large enough for a single thread (or worth). Already it seems to have a pretty nice pace going.

Some one Beer rman.. hes thinking too much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
rman, I'm gonna side with Graphite - it'd be better to have all the random thoughts and conversation in one thread than a new thread every time somebody goes to a dentist or sees a multi-coloured, three-winged, four-eyed bird fly past their window ;)

It's almost become standard practice for a forum to have a thread like this - I'm actually suprised it didn't happen sooner.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will take a ginger beer please :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Graphite said:
rman you just wont give up will you!!

see the sicker under my name!!! I say! we need (relative to socializing) this so we do! See with this one thread we can fill it with random chatter not large enough for a single thread (or worth). Already it seems to have a pretty nice pace going.

Some one Beer rman.. hes thinking too much!

A round on me. :)

089087120139.jpg
089087120139.jpg
089087120139.jpg
089087120139.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum PowerBook G4. 15.2" SUPAH-drive
Ginger beer? Haven't tried that one.. But i think the Honey one has a pretty nice aftertaste.. of course I wouldn't know; since I'm an underage college student and all...:rolleyes:

EY

P.s. If this is a bar&Grill does this mean i have to show my ID? :D :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
An alcohol age is kinda stupid. I lived in parts of Europe for a while where there is none, and it makes more sense. By the time it's driver test time, we know how to drink, and know when not to! So I'm allowed, after my cars keys are put away for the night :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ginger beer is non-alcoholic.

Jamaican Ginger Beer
Genuine ginger flavored soda, with a crisp, spicy taste. Very similar to ginger ale, but more pungent and a bit more crisp. Serve very cold, or over ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.