• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forum's Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
sweet, so u guys with xbox and halo.. ive gota little treat for you, but only if you have broadband. XBC for mac if you don't know what xbc is.. FIND OUT! XBC (web) (outdated link removed). I hope to see you all playing it! comes out 2morrow!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I want Halo... how much is it? The usuall 50 bucks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
im pretty sure its down to 40 or maybe even 30 bucks now
its definitely not 50

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah its el cheapo now. i bought mine for like 29$ at target

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That's really good value... Hmmmm coffee! :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
good morning all... (hehe graphite waking up after noon)

whats on everyones agenda?

BEER ME? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Going out to get a new small table for my Mac, and maybe the beach if I can find parking :cool:

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
FSC's Halo Flux 2.1 (halo timer for macintosh), is now available to M-F users a day early than the rest of the public.

download it here: Halo Flux 2.1.zip

- Graphite :)

Gota treat my kind right eh?

so hows everyone doing? anyone manage to play halo online yet?

D

dziner

I don't own a console. I figure I've spent enough money on my Mac and it plays games so I'll use it for work and gaming. Oh yeah, it also plays DVDs so I can use it for my entertainment center too. Which makes me wonder. Cable is getting so **** expensive these days and I only watch about 5 channels so maybe I should cancel my cable which costs about $45 and get NetFlix instead. AND, my TV is about to go so I should just use my G5 for everything and get rid of my TV too! The ViewSonic P815 21" monitor is pretty nice.

S

SogniX

Defenatly the way I'd go!

If I had my G4 Tower at home... and had the money to upgrade it, I'd get the Dual 1.x Ghz upgrade, 'mo RAM, an a El Gato PVR, and a nice large LCD.
At the studio I already have it hooked up to a stereo for recording (and listening to it with big thumpin' speakers). :D

Uh... except I don't think I'd chuck Cable...
Maybe you can tell them you only want those channels - and they'll charge you less? I have super basic cable (less channels than cable) and paying around 20$ a month, I think. But it's not digital. :p

Altho I don't know if I could live on Netflix alone...

dziner said:
I don't own a console. I figure I've spent enough money on my Mac and it plays games so I'll use it for work and gaming. Oh yeah, it also plays DVDs so I can use it for my entertainment center too. Which makes me wonder. Cable is getting so **** expensive these days and I only watch about 5 channels so maybe I should cancel my cable which costs about $45 and get NetFlix instead. AND, my TV is about to go so I should just use my G5 for everything and get rid of my TV too! The ViewSonic P815 21" monitor is pretty nice.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yo guys! just spent a few days with my gf down south.. galorious! :)

hows everyones week so far?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
rman comes back into the room. Bar keep give a Jamaican Ginger Beer please.

Looks over at Graphite, the week have been quiet so far. The week-end very busy with the honey-dos.

All most finished painting the upstairs bathroom. All that is needed is the trim and the other half of the ceiling. I still have the ceiling to do in the down stairs bathroom. Only two walls left in the living room. Also finished have of the stair case walls. Oh, I forgot about the kitchen. Need to do that ceiling and behind the refrig.

Just heard from Lowe's, my bathroom vanity is in. So the work continues.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow rman uve got quite the job schedule :)

and the work never ends..

i just got back from softball... still havn't eaten today.

T

TylerMoney

Shista! My week has been...blah! It's getting to the nitty gritty in the quarter, meaning I'm working on all my finals and what not. I am very busy, and just seem to be running into constant problems. Ex: getting sick, working on my brochure layout, and then realizing..when almost half way done, that I have to start the freak over!...meaning hours more of glorious work on top of all my other projects...grrr....group projects suck, for people suck. I can't depend on lazy college kids.

Oh well. It's time to get optamistic (orders a Shiner Bock). Everything will be fine. And in two weeks, I'll be on that plane back to Texas for three weeks. Oh wonderful Texas how I do miss you, and everyone that is there waiting for me (chugs his shiner bock - burp!). Alright then. Hope everyone else is doing dandy. I'm outty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
This week I am re arranging my room and checking a new digital cam mom just got me :p it rocks and is water proof! :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Halo is 20 bucks.
I think I'll wait for Halo 2 because I suck at life and games and I'll never be able to beat it by November 9th.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
TylerMoney said:
group projects suck, for people suck. I can't depend on lazy college kids.

I would take offense to that because I strive to be a lazy college kid in a group project.. but im just to lathargic to care.

;) :D

D

dziner

Sogni said:
Uh... except I don't think I'd chuck Cable...
Maybe you can tell them you only want those channels - and they'll charge you less? I have super basic cable (less channels than cable) and paying around 20$ a month, I think. But it's not digital. :p

The channels I like are Discovery, TLC, and the History Channel - all of which aren't included with basic cable. Until I moved in November I didn't have any television programming for over a year. It was difficult to adjust to and I can see how not having TV effected my life. Now days I find myself watching lots of news and learning programs. I missed all the reports on us going to war and everything.

T

TylerMoney

Graphite said:
I would take offense to that because I strive to be a lazy college kid in a group project.. but im just to lathargic to care.

;) :D

Well maybe lazy isn't the right word. Those who even at the last minute don't have their portion of the work finished...or who fail out, thus never returning to the class, leaving the othere group members to do their portions for them. Though the lazy ones are bad too; they're my friends though...so I cut them a little more slack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.