• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forum's Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I think the rep system is good, once I found out about it and realized people went by that instead of post count I really think its a good idea.

F

Fallooza

Graphite said:
What do you guys think about removing the reputation system?
get rid of it. i figure we should all be judged be the color of our eyes. GO BLUE EYES!!

EDIT: and if you dont have eyes you get ta be a mod.

A

AstralZenith

Fallooza said:
get rid of it. i figure we should all be judged be the color of our eyes. GO BLUE EYES!!

probably one of the more intelligent posts I've seen on this board... with a post like that, why would you want to get rid of a system that should leave you brimming with reputation... Hitler?

M

menace3054

Graphite said:
What do you guys think about removing the reputation system?

i think its a good gague to show new people especially the most helpful members on the forum, and for people who arent new, its an incentive to be a more active participant.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
I don't think it's taken as seriously as it should be. I mean, if I got a neg rep point, I think I'd have to call iNet because it's just not fair.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I heard that someone actually did call iNet and complain and the rep may be taken away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Really? If that is true, that is pathetic... its only a forum, man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Come on, wouldn't you?1 I mean, it IS the rep system!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
I recently saw this quote: "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." - John Wooden, seemed relevant.

M

menace3054

oh and back to my gluten allergy that i mentioned, i had pizza tonight because i was starving so hopefully i wont die

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i'm still not done voicing my opinion that is the injustice of the rep system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
michaelstumpf said:
I recently saw this quote: "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." - John Wooden, seemed relevant.
Exactly. This is what most of the people on the board go by. Rep points on a forum are just that... rep points on a forum. In the end they really mean nothing.
:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They may mean noting to you DB, but I cherish them. If they got rid of them, I'd be the first to petition iNet.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Remember, he did not give himself those 7 dots. He did earn them. Very helpfull user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Aww man I feel so left out I only have 2 dots :(:(

M

menace3054

dtravis7 said:
Remember, he did not give himself those 7 dots. He did earn them. Very helpfull user.

i agree, he is very helpful

lol ben only has 2 dots and was featured on foxnews! that doesnt seem right

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fox news is not um... prestigious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think that real life needs a rep system too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.