iPod Video 80Gb Black - Fingerprint MAGNET!

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls!.

Just bought a 5.5G iPod video 80Gb, black.... ARGHH!!.

Am I completely losing the plot when it comes to sensible colours?. I should have learned when I bought the PSP; BLACK + GLOSS FINISH = FINGERPRINT MAGNET!

Where do I stand?. I bought this from "Comet" (UK high st retailer) and I specifically *asked* for black - I must be insane, because even after just 10 mins usage, this beautiful device looks like someone with muddy hands, has smeared them all down the front... :(. Finger oil is the culprit here, and it makes my iPod look yuck to the maximum!.

Two questions for you guys:
---------------------------

( A ) As with Macs, does the white iPod Video show up fingerprints a *LOT* less than the black? (I'd expect it to, to be honest!)

( B ) Do I have the right to return this item, and if so, under what conditions?. I would give it a darn good polish before re-boxing it and returning it for the big swap, but do I have this right?.

I am LOVING this iPod, but hating the fact that it attracts fingerprints, faster than cow dung attracts flies on a hot summers day!!.

Thankkkkkkksss!!!

OP
U
Reaction score
It seems to take a week to get any replies to posts, on this forum :(

Yeah so anyhow dudes, I got the white one after all (exchanged)... not that anyone is here/listening/replying lol. :D

Reaction score
Well actually it takes about a day;), but I would get a case or invisible shield. I use invisible shields on my ipod and if you like the look of it without a big leather case on it and a cheaper option then I would just put one of the shields on and that should cut down on the fingerprints but I hope the white one doesn't give you any issues.

OP
U
Reaction score
Well actually it takes about a day;), but I would get a case or invisible shield. I use invisible shields on my ipod and if you like the look of it without a big leather case on it and a cheaper option then I would just put one of the shields on and that should cut down on the fingerprints but I hope the white one doesn't give you any issues.

No, the white is A1 top notch!. Can't even SEE any prints, unless one scrutinises obsessively under a light (and what kinda moron does that?!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)
It depends on how long you have had it if you want to replace it. You will have to check with Comet itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.