switching to mac at work...interfacing with PCs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, 8gb ram, iPhone 4
we are considering switching to macs at work. we do grpahics and animations for bars and clubs and we saw the new final cut studio setup and we NEED it, so today i have been speccing up a Mac Pro as our first mac in the new studio. i need to know how a mac will interface with our PC server and other pcs in the studio. at the moment we can drag and drop files onto each others machines will this still be possible from mac to PC and vice versa? will the mac interface with our windows server?

i am going to try my macbook at work on monday, any tips would be greatly appreciated!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Assuming you're on a fairly small network (i.e. not using a domain/Active Directory for security), you should be able to just click the 'Go' menu and click 'Connect to Server'. In the Server Address field, type:

Code:
smb://<servername>/<sharename>

...substituting the <servername> and <sharename> for the appropriate values for your server. Don't forget to use forward '/' slashes instead of backslashes.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, 8gb ram, iPhone 4
awesome dudes, will have a play with it on monday. could be putting an order in later in the week

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.