OS X vs OS 9

OP
knightjp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
Hey...

tried out Fruitmenu...

Excellent software, but its not for me. I prefer using the OS as it looks... ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
what's all this about os 9 looking bad? i think os 9 looks great! especially compared to windows, i have used windows for a long time, when i saw os 9 i thought it looked awesome. well not compared to xp, but like you guys said, not meant to compete with xp. but to 98. i would say visually; os9>'95

OP
knightjp
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (27 inch, Late 2012), Processor: Core i5, Memory: 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 running MacOS Catalina
what's all this about os 9 looking bad? i think os 9 looks great! especially compared to windows, i have used windows for a long time, when i saw os 9 i thought it looked awesome. well not compared to xp, but like you guys said, not meant to compete with xp. but to 98. i would say visually; os9>'95

Agreed... I too think that OS 9 was a real winner in the looks dept. OK... when compared to how OS 1 - 8, you do not see anything much of a difference, but... if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Simple as that. Why change the system looks if its works so well and is so easy to use???....

If there was one thing I liked about the pre-OS X versions was that those OS' were so darn easy. You could feel like the computer was doing half the thinking for you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.