Alas, I need more RAM.

Reaction score
How much would it cost to upgrade my iMac from 1GB RAM to 2GB, and how would I go about doing so?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
How would I get it in my iMac?

LOL this is weird, i just removed my 1gb (2x512mb) and replace them with 2gb (2x1gb sticks) today! it's pretty simple, the little book that came with your iMac shows you (in the small box above the install disks - Page 33 i think).

It is pretty simple......I now have 2Gb! Only took me a few minutes to replace them! :Evil:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, 2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram
Good luck with this mate! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Depends what it is you are doing. For basic computing, e-mails, internet surfing....No Running games and heavy programs....yes

Reaction score
Richmond, VA, a native of Chapel Hill, N.C.
Your Mac's Specs
17' iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16 1g ram | iPod Photo 60gb | 2G Shuffle
You can also sell your 512mb sticks on ebay, and make back some of the cost of upgrading.

What kind of computing do you do? As MaDDoG said, if you're just doing the basics, you won't need more than a gig. Photo / video editing, webpage building, or doing music in garageband will require more rams. Your cat should be able to upgrade it for you. If you don't have a cat... you're screwed.

OP
Title27GT
Reaction score
You can also sell your 512mb sticks on ebay, and make back some of the cost of upgrading.

What kind of computing do you do? As MaDDoG said, if you're just doing the basics, you won't need more than a gig. Photo / video editing, webpage building, or doing music in garageband will require more rams. Your cat should be able to upgrade it for you. If you don't have a cat... you're screwed.

A cat? Like the animal?
Don't make technological jokes, I'm not that smart.

Reaction score
I use www.komplett.ie , but then again I am in Ireland.

But I think they have international sites. Its pretty cheap and its all good quality stuff they have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
crucial is also very good ram but a little pricey. new egg has the cheaper prices and that is probably your best bet

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.