Safari - Google Toolbar - Workaround

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I got tired of missing my Google Toolbar in Safari, so I did something about it. It isn't exactly a "toolbar," but it's better than nothing.

I created a TextEdit file on my Desktop. Then I navigated to each of the Google functions I wanted, Maps, Images, Products, Groups, Products, etc. I copied each of the URLs into my text file, giving each one an appropriate line title such as MAPS - http://maps.google.com/maps?tab=il&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS226US227.

Then I right clicked each of the URLs and selected Make Link.

The last thing was to drag the text file icon from the Desktop, and drop it into Safari's Bookmark Bar, naming it Google Links. Now when in Safari I can simply click on my Google Links button and choose the Google function I want. It's almost as easy as the Toolbar itself.

Reaction score
nope i have tried it everywhere too there is nothing where u can hookup g toolbar to the safari browser download Firefox and use it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.