msn Program Shutting Down

Reaction score
does anybody know whats going on with my msn? everytime i close a conversation box, the program shuts down and sends me an error report. i recently downloaded the safari 3beta, and it pretty much started happening after that. its occurs quiet often and pissing me off.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
one sure fix...

remove msn and download the multi-client chat tool adium.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
It's an issue with Safari Beta, either remove Safari 3 or try Adium/aMSN/Mercury MSN.

Reaction score
Since the 10.4.10 update, Apple posted one for Safari Beta 3. Run it before uninstalling Safari, if you were considering that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
I'm a proud owner of a new MBP and was interested as to what my options were for an MSN Messenger app for the OS X. I have yet to find one that supports webcam with the built in iSight. Do any of the posted apps support this feature? Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
I'm a proud owner of a new MBP and was interested as to what my options were for an MSN Messenger app for the OS X. I have yet to find one that supports webcam with the built in iSight. Do any of the posted apps support this feature? Any help on this is greatly appreciated

Yep, aMSN does and Mercury MSN does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
yea, i had the same problem, so i grabbed amsn, it takes a bit to get used to, but it supports webcam, and nudges as well as a pm that doesn't get deleted when you sign off;)

Reaction score
one sure fix...

remove msn and download the multi-client chat tool adium.

I second this! Adium is great, works better and has Yahoo, AIM and IRC etc built in if you want to use them.

Although, I don't think there is webcam support for MSN.... but it works pretty well. ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.