Problems deleting unused Boot Camp partition

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook–2Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
I'm running OS X 10.4.10 on a 2Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, MacBook.

I've installed Boot Camp 1.3 and Installed Vista with a 15GB partition. I need more than 15GB for the Vista partition so I ran the Boot Camp Assistant in OS X and supposedly formated the MacBook back to a single partition.

But an "Untitled" HD Icon pops up on my OS X Desktop. Disk Utility won't allow me to select it to Erase. And it's still 15GB in size. Not deleted at all.

1. Is there a way for me to delete it completely?

2. Is there a way for me to increase the amount of memory used by the Vista partition?

I ran the Boot Camp Installer and Assistant again, but I didn't get that option to set the Disk size of the Windows partition that I did when first installing Boot Camp and Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
did you restart after restoring to a Single partition?

no, there is no way for you to resize it once done. its obviously still paritioned as two drives, thats why BC is not giving the you the partition option

OP
kill8joy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook–2Ghz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
did you restart after restoring to a Single partition?

no, there is no way for you to resize it once done. its obviously still paritioned as two drives, thats why BC is not giving the you the partition option

Yes I've restarted several times and it's still there. Is there anything else I could use to delete the extra partition?

Update: Solved my problem. Booted Installer from Vista DVD and erased contents of Windows Partition and Quit the installation process. Booted in OS X and Ran Boot Camp Assistant and Reverted back to a Single Partition. After Restart the partition was fully gone and the 15GB back on my OS X Drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.