i need help! how to recover deleted files!

R

rarorojo

please help!
i deleted a very important quicktime and .dv files from my computer (already empty trash but not secure empty) in help it said i could still recover those files by using 'data recovery programme'. i tried using 'virtual lab' but it didn't work. the program still couldn't find it...
could anyone please help!
i'm so desperate now...

:( :( :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
After an empty trash you have to get a serious utility maybe from here obviously other then v - lab. Most drives don't really erase, they just mark the data as no longer used on the physical part of the drive, and sometimes over write it. But some utilities can uncover the layers - a good idea not to save anything new until all attempts are tried

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
If you have saved anything since deleting the files, they may have been overwritten. This can also happen if the OS uses the drive for virtual memory.

Jerry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
norton utilities has worked for me, though not all files were recovered and some were badly damaged. you can try though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.